Staff Engineer - OrderAI
Who We Are
HungerRush is a leading provider of integrated restaurant technology solutions. HungerRush 360 is our flagship cloud POS (point of sale) system that makes it easier to delight guests, drive loyalty, and manage restaurants from anywhere. The all-in-one system integrates digital ordering (including AI-powered text and talk ordering), delivery management, customer engagement, restaurant management, and payment processing features with flexible software designed to give operators more insight into their customers, more control over their operations, and more power to profitably grow their business. Learn more at www.hungerrush.com.
This Staff Engineer position is responsible for the development and operation of AI-powered text and talk ordering and all supplemental services, including frontend and backend web development, deep integrations with text and voice services, and management of cloud-based infrastructure. Staff Engineers must be leaders, possessing both the technical and soft skills required to support large initiatives spanning multiple teams. They must be able to contribute at any point in the full development cycle from the identification of system requirements and enhancements, coding the system to address these requirements, testing the system for quality control, releasing system changes, and documentation of system changes. They are expected to help shape and guide a positive engineering culture. Staff Engineers are also expected to understand and anticipate broader business needs so that they can be partners with other non-technical departments.
This is a remote role but may not be performed in the following states: California, Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C, or Washington. Access to an office space is available in Overland Park, KS and Houston, TX.
- Collaborate with HungerRush teams to design, develop, and support existing as well as create new functionality and applications
- Write high quality code following best practices and standards for coding, compliance, security, and performance
- Contribute to software development with an emphasis on architecture, design, quality, implementation, and culture
- Mentor software engineers
- Help troubleshoot issues and identify bug fixes
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Extensive professional experience, recommended 10+ years
- Computer Science or other related bachelor’s degree focused on software development
- Demonstrated ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Expert-level technical proficiency
- Deep knowledge of Python.
- Deep knowledge of web technologies
- Knowledge of Git or similar source control system
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with Machine Learning & NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Experience with building scalable applications
- Experience with AWS cloud services like Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, SQS or similar
- Experience with SaaS, E-Commerce, and consumer facing web applications
This position is open to candidates who are authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship, either now or in the future. At this time, and in the foreseeable future, HungerRush is not able to support assistance with additional visa sponsorship, regarding this specific position.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
HungerRush is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.